The Parish is the place where all the faithful can be gathered together for the Sunday celebration of the Eucharist. The parish initiates the Christian people into the ordinary expression of the liturgical life: it gathers them together in this celebration; it teaches Christ’s saving doctrine; it practises the charity of the Lord in good works and love:
You cannot pray at home as at church, where there is a great multitude, where exclamation are cried out to God as from one great heart, and where there is something more: the union of minds, the accord of souls, the bond of charity, the prayers of the priests.
The Derry Diocesan Catechetical Centre supports parish ministry.
Sacramental talks are offered for parents who have children preparing for First Eucharist, First Reconciliation and Confirmation.
Resources are also provided for:
• Liturgies for the opening of the school year
• Prayer of the Faithful for various occasions
• Liturgy for Church Unity
• Service for Ash Wednesday
• Reflections for various occasions
• Resources for Parish Missions and Retreats
• Blessing ceremonies
• Resources for Carol Services
• Confirmation Ceremony
• Induction ceremony for Eucharistic Ministers
• Stations of the Cross
• Liturgy for New Year’s Eve
• Penitential Services
• First Communion celebrations
• Eucharistic services
• Reflective powerpoint presentations
Point of Contact Rev Paul Farren, Director firstname.lastname@example.org